Low carb version of the classically wonderful Phillies. And only 155 calories per half.
Philly Cheesesteak Stuffed Peppers
- 3 green bell peppers, halved vertically
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 8 oz mushrooms (fresh or canned, whatever is on hand)
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 Tbs minced garlic
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 lb sliced roast beef
- 2 Tbs Worcestershire sauce
- 6 slices ultra thin sliced provolone (Sargento is a really yummy)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Boil water in a large pot. Place green bell pepper halves into water until softened (2-4 minutes), then place in lightly greased baking dish. Line halves with 1/2 slice of cheese.
- Heat oil in large pan. Saute mushrooms, red bell pepper, onion, garlic, and season with salt and pepper (2-3 minutes).
- Add roast beef, and Worcestershire sauce, and stir (3-4 minutes).
- Add 1/2 c mixture on top of cheese in halves. Top with 1/2 slice of cheese.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
Do you have a better version of this recipe?? Let me know in the comments below! Also DEFINITELY let me know if you like this recipe, or if you’d change something about it!