Confession— I’m not a huge avocado fan… but I want to be, badly, so I’ve tried several recipes. Then I found this one. And it is AMAZING. It’s a great light lunch, or after-work-out treat. Basically changed my entire view on the mushy, green berry*.
BLT Stuffed Avocados
- 4 bacon strips (cooked and chopped)
- 1 c toasted bread (crumbled) (croutons work splendidly, however calorie count increases a bit)
- 1 c tomatoes (finely chopped)
- 1 c Romaine lettuce (finely chopped)
- 2 Tbs lite mayo (I personally dig the light Miracle Whip)
- Salt and Pepper (push it good!)
- 4 large, ripe avocados (halved and pit removed)
- In bowl, mix first 6 ingredients
- Sprinkle extra salt and pepper on avocados
- Spoon bacon stuffing into each avocado half
Alright, so I guess technically there’s chopping involved, but I mean, it’s still crazy easy, and insanely delicious.
Can you improve on this recipe? Have you tried it out yet?? Let me know in the comments!
Also, in case anyone is wondering why I don’t post my own pictures of the actual food…….. well…. I eat it way too fast.. so……. you can definitely take pictures for me!! (and leave them in the comments below 😉 )
*Technically, the avocado is a single seeded berry, because a fruit is defined as “the matured ovary of a flower,” according to University of California Agriculture & Natural Resources. There, that is a thing we now know.